Veterans of the United States armed services are eligible for benefits from the United States Department ofVeterans Affairs (VA) for medical treatment related to service-connected medical issues and disability compensation for service-related disabilities.
Some of the common conditions qualifying for veterans disability benefits include:
- Sexual Assault
- Agent Orange Exposure
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Panic Attack
- Mental Illness
- Psychological disorder
If you choose to have our firm represent you, we will:
- Conduct your initial consultation to determine the validity of your appeal
- Guide you through the claims process and answer questions as they arise
- Complete and file all VA forms and requests for appeals with the proper office
- Handle all contact with the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Obtain necessary evidence and medical records to substantiate your claim
- Prepare and submit analyses of all evidence related to the claim
- Prepare you for all hearings
- Represent you at all hearings and appeals
- Keep you informed of case status every step of the way
For years, Sullivan & Kehoe have been assisting veterans receive the benefits they deserve. Michael Sullivan Esq., our managing partner, served in the Marine Corps. Our attorneys handle each case with care and attention while taking the stress off of the veteran. We help veterans throughout the United States navigate the veteran’s disability claim process.
Applying for veterans’ disability and medical benefits can be a difficult and lengthy process, especially if you have been denied by your local veteran’s hospital or veterans office. Fortunately, an extensive appeal process has been established for those who have filed a claim with the Veterans Administration and have received an unfavorable determination. However, time is of the essence, you only have one year from the date the local VA office mails you an initial determination of your claim.