Basics of Veterans Disability Benefits

Service-Connected Disability Benefits

A veteran’s disability claim is referred to as service-connected benefits. To be entitled to receive service-connected benefits, a veteran must have a current disability that he or she suffers from. He or she must be able to show that an incident occurred during service that caused his or her injuries. In addition, a veteran must be able to demonstrate that his or her disability is a result of military service.

Veterans Affairs Pension

If a veteran does not have a service-connected disability, he or she may still be eligible for compensation. A veteran may file a claim for non-service connected illnesses.

Dependency and Indemnity Compensation

Surviving spouses or children of a veteran may be entitled to compensation if a veteran was disabled or died in the line of duty. In addition, a surviving spouse or child may be entitled to compensation through a survivor’s pension or death pension, which is afforded to low-income families.

If you or a loved one is a veteran that suffered an injury during service or the widow or child of a veteran killed in the line of duty, you may be entitled to compensation from the VA. It is important to contact an experienced VA lawyer who may assist you or a loved one through the application process. Filing an application for veteran’s disability benefits or appealing an application that has been denied, is a complex process that requires the attention of a skilled Veteran’s Affairs attorney.

The attorneys of Sullivan & Kehoe, LLP concentrate their practice in Veterans Disability Law. With over 50 years of combined experience between its lawyers, our attorneys may be able to assist you or a loved one in obtaining disability benefits. Call our office at (800) 395 -7830 to schedule a consultation in our New York City, Garden City, Kings Park, Riverhead, or White Plains office.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Main Office

Additional Locations

Appointments available in our Manhattan office.
(One block away from Penn Station)

1205 Franklin Avenue
Suite 330
Garden City, NY 11530

By Appointment Only

524 East Main Street
Suite 202
Riverhead, NY 11901

By Appointment Only
(Opposite Social Security Office)

Skip to content